Can I work out at my own gym?
Absolutely, Hot Fitness provides online personal training to people anywhere on the globe with internet and phone access! Talk with a trainer today to discuss what equipment you have available to you in your area, your trainer can even design workouts for you right in your own home in most cases.
Do you provide changing rooms and lockers at your gym?
Yes, we offer separate changing/storage rooms for men and women, free of charge. Hot Fitness is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We highly recommend that you bring your own padlock and lock up your personal belongings prior to your workout. Bringing your gym bag into the ﬁtness center is highly discouraged.
Do you have supplements?
Yes. We offer a variety of vitamins and supplements and our staff is happy to discuss the beneﬁts of each of them with you!
What should I wear to the gym?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may ﬁnd yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At Hot Fitness, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won’t trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous diﬀerence in your overall gym experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or you are more than welcome to browse our in house selection of apparel.
Is it better to stretch before or after I exercise?
You should stretch before and after you work out. Light stretching before exercise can prevent injuries from occurring and stretching post-exercise can help to reduce muscle tension and increase ﬂexibility.
I’ve never taken a yoga class, what should I know?
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the class. This will allow you enough time to find your place on the floor.
- If this is your first class, we recommend that you place your mat in the second or third row so you can learn from others in the class.
- If you used one of our mats, we ask that you please wipe it down so others can enjoy a clean mat after your use.
- Please turn off your phone before entering the room (or store your phone in your locker!) and exit silently as to not to disturb the final Savasana.
Important to know:
- You will be doing a lot of downward poses, so it is best to avoid loose fitting clothing.
- Eat a light, healthy meal 2 hours before the class and drink plenty of water. Feel free to bring a water bottle to the class and drink as much as you need to during your practice.
Keep in mind:
- There are hundreds of different poses, some of which are more difficult than others. Don’t feel discouraged or worry about looking silly. Grow and practice at your own pace!
Get in touch!
If you are in Enid and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!